Featuring community history, Buffalo National Park, POW camp, agriculture and railroad history.
1018 - 2nd Ave.
Wainwright, AB T9W 1S9
- 1001-1 Avenue at the end of mainstreet
- Phone Number:
- (780) 842-3115
Originally known as “Denwood,” the village established in 1908 was renamed “Wainwright” after William Wainwright, 2nd Vice President of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway. Our museum, located in Wainwright's 1930 CN rail station, tracks the history of our area, including its POW camp and Buffalo National Park stories. Enjoy lunch at “The Galleria” restaurant in the museum.
Hours: May-Aug Mon-Sat 9 am - 5 pm; Sun 1 pm - 5 pm; Sept-April 1 pm - 5 pm daily
Last modified on October 4, 2008